
I get to school today and hear that the phone has been ringing off the hook, because there is a holiday and all the parents want to know if there is school or not. I am completely confused as to what the holiday is. Can you guess? It is a soccer or football game Egypt vs Albania. About 10 of my kids were not in class today and we had to cancel conferences and go home early because the bridges were closing and it was going to be impossible to get anywhere. It is a new one I have had school cancelled for snow, ice, possibility of ice, but never for a soccer match. You learn something new every day :)
Something I did not mention before is that this game was the last qualifying game to get into the world cup and the winner being Algeria gets to go to the world cup! The airport was trashed and there was about 12,000 riot police out defending the country from being attacked. The traffic was ridiculous!
No comments:
Post a Comment