Saturday, March 20, 2010
Transportation
We have many choices for transportation here. Busses, Amjads (like a van that works like a taxi), or rickshaws (small like a three wheeler, for shorter distances). Most of the time I take rick shaws to get around, they are great you can work on Arabic and very reasonably priced. Most people start to just get in and they know what the price should be so you pay it when you get to your destination. Today I had a slightly less awesome moment when a rick shaw driver decided to charge me over four times what the ride should have been and when I refused he threw them money at me. When I walked away he grabbed my arm and told me that I was not a good person. Luckily the neighbor was around and since he is a man he was able to help us and made the man finally go away. Just another day in this awesome country!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the subtitle. It is not about the destination it is about the journey....so true.
ReplyDelete